How To Know Details (Information) of Medicine By Entering Medicine Name – Drugs are an essential part of modern human life. Medicines are developed to cure certain diseases or conditions that harm human life. Patients primarily suggest taking medications after consulting with doctors.
Experts help to understand drug uses and possible side effects on health. However, the question is how an individual should know drug details quickly.
For that, patients can take help from pharmacies or doctors. They will give you detailed information about specific drugs. Still, you can also know medicine details by entering the medicine name on certain websites. So below is a detailed guide about the solution and other related information.
How To Know Details (Information) of Medicine By Entering Medicine Name
To find the drug information, you must first understand which type of medicine you want to know. Generally, there are two types of drugs available: professional and consumer drugs
For consuming drugs, there are two popular websites you get
Cerner Multum Consumer Drug
This is the official site of this Cerner Multum or Lexicon. Indeed, this is the foundation of a database that offers several types of consumer drug information, usage, side effects, and others. You can find all consumer drug data on this website. Information is also available in English and Spanish.
IBM Watson Micromedex
This is another popular database site for drugs. Patients who use widely popular drug brands or prescription medicines should visit this site. This website can find information on common brand drugs, usage, side effects, warnings, and other vital information. This is the official site of this site.
You can also search for drugs from the https://www.drugs.com/drug_information.html site.
For the USA Drugs@FDA is the popular website for searching the information on specific medicines.
Which details are entered in the prescription?
Details of prescriptions are pre-determined by central authorities. So the information is similar in all prescriptions. The following information is below.
- Issued date and time accordingly
- Patient’s name and current address
- Clinic real name
- Current address
- DEA number
- Medicine name
- Strength of the drug
- Timely dosage form
- The prescribed quantity should be mentioned
Also Read:- How To Cure Back Pain Fast
Top 20 Most Prescribed drugs name list in India
India is the hub of diabetic patients. Besides, there are several health issues reported in recent years. Based on the data, the majority of Indians were prescribed the following drugs. “How To Know Details (Information) of Medicine By Entering Medicine Name”
Amoxicillin 500 mg
- Manufacturer – Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, and others
- How to use – shallow one tablet with a glass of water every 8 – 12 hours
- Used for – a bacterial infection
- Brand name – Amoxil, Trimox
Cetirizine hydrochloride 10 mg
- Manufacturer – Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited (RLL)
- How to use – shallow one tablet with a glass of water once a day.
- Used for – allergic fever
- Brand name – Zyrtec, Aller-Tec
Ibuprofen 800 mg
- Manufacturer – Brix Biopharma Pvt Ltd
- How to use – take four times in a day with food or milk every six hours.
- Used for – rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Brand name – Advil, Motri
Hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg
- Manufacturer – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- How to use – once daily in the morning or 4 hours before your bedtime with or without food.
- Used for – to treat edema
- Brand name – Diuretic Ap-Es, Uni Serp
Amlodipine besylate 10 mg
- Manufacturer – Lupin Pharmaceuticals
- How to use – once a day as per doctor’s advice.
- Used for – to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or a certain type of chest pain called angina.
- Brand name – Norvasc and Katerzia. “How To Know Details (Information) of Medicine By Entering Medicine Name”
Azithromycin 250 mg
- Manufacturer – Ajanta Pharma
- How to use – Swallow tablets and capsules whole with a drink of water at least 1 hour before food or 2 hours after eating.
- Used for – treating various types of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, nose, throat, ear, lungs, eye, and skin.
- Brand name – Zithromax
Also Read:- Best Excercise For Corona Patients
Cephalexin 500 mg
- Manufacturer – Symet Drugs Ltd.
- How to use – taken with or without food every 6 or 12 hours for 7 to 14 days
- Used for – treat bacterial infections in your body
- Brand name – Keflex, Panixine Disperdoz
Cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride 10 mg
- Manufacturer – UNICHEM
- How to use – taken 3 times per day.
- Used for – relaxing muscles and relieving pain and discomfort caused by strains, and sprains.
- Brand name – Flexeril, Amrix, and Fixed.
Albuterol sulfate 108 mcg/act
- Manufacturer – GSK
- How to use – intake through the mouth
- Used for – symptoms of bronchospasm
- Brand name – Accuneb, Proair® HFA
Vitamin D 50000 IU
- Manufacturer – Nova Lifescience
- How to use – Take vitamin D by mouth. It is taken after a meal but may be taken with or without food.
- Used for – For treatment and prevention of vitamin D and calcium deficiency. “How To Know Details (Information) of Medicine By Entering Medicine Name”
- Brand name – Calciferol, Drisdol
Lisinopril 20 mg
- Manufacturer- IPCA Laboratories Ltd.
- How to use- taken orally in a single daily dose.
- Used To treat high blood pressure.
- Brand name- Zestril, Prinvil
Also Read:- Immunity Booster Food In Winter
Amphetamine/dextroamphetamine 20 mg
- Manufacturer – Accord Healthcare
- Used for to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Brand name- Adderall, Mydayis
Loratadine 10 mg
- Manufacturer – Johnlee Pharmaceuticals
- How to use – take this medicine once in a day
- Used for – treat sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, hives, skin rash, hay fever, itching, and other cold or allergy symptoms.
- Brand name – Claritin-D, Claritin-D 12 Hou
Amoxicillin-clavulanate potassium 875-125 mg
- Manufacturer – FDC Limited
- How to use – Take this medicine by mouth with a meal or snack
- Used for – To treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
- Brand name – Augmentin, Augmentin XR
Folic acid 1 mg
- Manufacturer- Pharmed Research Laboratory Pvt. Ltd.
- How to use- should be taken as a whole with a glass of water.
- Used for preventing and treating low blood levels of folate and high blood levels of homocysteine.
- Brand name- folfit
Prednisone 20 mg
- Manufacturer- Yashica Pharmaceuticals Private Limited
- How to use- Take this medicine by mouth, with food or milk
- Used for- to prevent stomach upset
- Brand name- Pediapred, Millipred
Benzonatate 100 mg
- Manufacturer – Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA Inc
- How to use- three times daily with or without food
- Used for – side effects due to cold or flu
- Brand name – Benz Pearl Cap
Gabapentin 300 mg
- Manufacturer – S9 PHARMA
- How to use – take before bedtime
- Used for – treat peripheral neuropathic pain
- Brand name – Neurontin and Gralise.
Also Read:– How To Make a Healthy Body
Zolpidem tartrate 10 mg
- Manufacturer – AKUMS DRUGS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD.
- How to use – take a pill before bedtime
- Used for – treat temporary sleep problems
- Brand name – Ambien
Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim DS 800-160 mg
- Manufacturer – AUROBINDO PHARMA
- How to use – shallow with a glass of water
- Used for – treat infections
- Brand name- sulfamethoxazole
Conclusion: (How To Know Details (Information) of Medicine By Entering Medicine Name)
So above is the detailed guide to your question “ How to know details of medicine by entering the medicine name”. Remember, all this information should be through a legal site. For this, you can check out our suggested websites. Before taking any medications patients should consult with a doctor.